Activities related to preparing instructional materials can include:
1. Develop a working outline (decide what needs to be taught).
2. Identify existing resources and materials (find out what you already
have or can borrow).
3. Examine materials developed by others to see how they approached
similar learning tasks. (do your research).
4. Buy, lease, or adapt existing materials or programs (be careful
not to infringe on anyone's copyright).
5. Design and/or develop training materials and job aids from "scratch"
(very time consuming and expensive).
Common types of instructional materials can include:
Participant Handouts and Workbooks
Power Point Presentations
Computer or Web Based Training Programs
Instructional Audio Cassettes
Or, any combination of the above.
Designing a Learning-Centered
How to Storyboard
Take Great Pictures